Tuesday, June 30, 2009

You wanna know what I think?

I watch a lot of t.v. Some would say, I watch too much t.v., but I just can't help myself - cable, free2air, dvd's - there's just so much awesome stuff to watch. O.k. when I say awesome, I mean awesome to ME, at least. It's not really my fault that I enjoy stuff that some people just wouldn't even be able to sit through. A good case in point would be the fact that one of my all time favourite movies is Puberty Blues. I feel genuinely dissapointed if I wake up at 3:25 in the morning, only to catch the last 5 minutes of Carson's Law or Matlock Police. But that's ok - if I waited up until 4:30 I could catch an old G.P. episode. I guess I must be highly emotional at that time of the day, but I just didn't want that series to end - although I knew it was coming, what with the re-tooling and new cast members. When a show does that, it's never a good sign. So with a great deal of wistfulness I said goodbye to G.P.....and hello Police Rescue. Thank god I can get my Steve Bisley fix without watching Sea Patrol. Maybe when it's 20 years old I will but.

Another thing - what's with all this crap about COUGARS? You all know what I'm talking about - the OLDER woman and the YOUNGER man? Like Demi n Ashton. I saw a show "celebrating" the Top 20 Celebrity Cougars! I mean, what the....? Why is it when an older guy, let's say Michael Douglas for instance hooks up with someone younger, it's all "Eeewwww, he's SO old, that's so creepy", yet it's ok for the ladies?? Why? Is it because they're percieved as CLASSY OLDER DAMES who are going to TEACH THESE YOUNG BUCKS A THING OR TWO? You can't convince me that Ashton Kutcher isn't as much of a TROPHY WIFE/HUBBY/HANDBAG as Catherine Zeta-Jones. Hey, I'm not saying the love isn't there. But admit it - it's easier to love the one you're with if they look like that.

And another thing - just when is Tyra Banks going to piss back off to whatever planet she came from? If I have to watch her doing that "I'm so black and sassy" bullshit routine one more time....!

Hey, I don't care if those Kardashian girls are stupid or famous for being famous or whatever - I like looking at them. What hetero male doesn't feel the same? If you say you don't well, you're either one of two things -a)NOT hetero or b)lying to save your ass with your girlfriend. True fact.
What can I say? I like a fuller figured girl. Which would go a long way to explaining why I love Serena Williams. Man, I'd let her throw me around! Maybe that's it....the DANGER element. Like you do what you're told or get your ass kicked. And forget about it if you failed in bed - she'd probably break it off and not in the good way. Yee haw!

No comments: