Sunday, March 08, 2009

Tool Time

I've always thought Justin Hemmes was a major tosser so I found this article a most enjoyable read. Rumours have been circulating that business is way down on expectations at the wank-fest known as 'The Ivy', a massive playground for the spoiled and cashed-up in Sydney's CBD. Given the enormous cost of the development, which by all accounts stretched the family empire to its very limit, this would be creating a bit of a headache for pub and nightclub scion Hemmes...my heart bleeds!

In the current economic climate, it can't be doing too much for the old Merivale ticker to find some young and brazen upstart nipping at their heels, providing a rival 'pool club' environment against the far more weekend-friendly backdrop of Bondi Beach. Well, good luck to them both I say, and may the least pretentious win...a big ask in Sydney, but I can dream, can't I.

No comments: